About The Good Shepherd Preschool
It has long been the desire to have a Catholic preschool in O’Fallon, IL. With the construction of the St. Nicholas Center this year we are finally able to make our dream a reality. Our regional Catholic preschool, The Good Shepherd Preschool will open in the fall of 2011 as the stepping stones to Catholic education at St. Clare School.
The Good Shepherd Preschool will provide a foundation for quality Catholic education through prayer, song, and play for our youngest students. We are committed to encouraging spiritual, social, physical, academic and emotional development of each individual child through discovery-based hands on learning.
- Spiritual: To teach the essentials of our faith utilizing a “hands-on” approach to religious formation within the classroom and through The Catechesis of the Good Shepherd.
- Emotional: To aid each child in the development of a strong sense of self respect and emotional well-being towards oneself and others.
- Cognitive: To encourage hands-on approach to problem solving, and reasoning by providing learning opportunities in the areas of religion, reading, mathematics, science, fine arts, music, and foreign language.
- Social: To assist in the development of independence, responsibility, and social awareness in a loving Christian setting.
- Physical: To address the health, safety and nutritional needs of all the children through participation in a variety of age appropriate play activities fostering the development of fine and gross motor skills.